The Magnolia United Brethren Church was formed in 1870. It was made up of a group of individuals splitting from the local Lutheran Church. In 1946 the United Brethren became the Evangelical United Brethren denomination. This denomination merged with the Methodist Church in 1968 becoming the United Methodist Church. The church experienced stable, steady growth and constructed our current church building on 25 acres at the top of the hill on Canal Street in 1977. While the Magnolia United Methodist Church is rooted in United Methodism and our beliefs don’t change, we are continually evolving and adapting to meet the spiritual needs of our community and congregation through educational offerings, music ministries, mission efforts, and special events.